When it’s time to choose a retirement lifestyle — one that meets your current and future needs — there are many things seniors should research. Of course, it’s important to know what programs, activities, wellness opportunities and dining options are available. But the biggest factor seniors should consider is peace of mind for the future.
“You may currently be an active and healthy senior adult, which means that care might not be at the top of your concerns list” says Laurie Ralston, Marketing Director at Kingswood Senior Living. “However, no one wants to be in a situation where changing health needs will require them to move away from a community they love. That’s why many seniors are choosing to retire to communities like Kingswood.”
Kingswood is a Life Plan Community, which means that residents are able to receive care for life, no matter how health needs change. Whether a resident needs assisted living, memory care, skilled rehabilitation or long-term nursing care, everything can be taken care of right here on-campus.
“This means you’re choosing a community that provides confidence for your future and peace of mind for you and your family,” says Laurie. “This is an outstanding value because you are assured access to care in the comfort of familiar surroundings. When combined with our maintenance-free lifestyle, life at Kingswood is an attractive option for seniors of any age or any care need.”
What Is Life Care (and a Life Plan Community)?
Life Care is exactly what it sounds like — a senior living lifestyle that offers care for life without requiring a move away from the community you love.
A Life Plan Community — like Kingswood — is a community that offers Life Care. These types of communities were formerly known as Continuing Care Retirement Communities, or CCRCs.
Life Care at Kingswood works like so: Independent Living residents pay a one-time entrance fee and choose from one of two types of options: a Return-of-Capital Plan™ or a Traditional Plan. Both options offer priority access to on-site health care and a 10% health care benefit for life for the higher levels of care, when you need them. “Most of our residents are able to pay for the community entrance fee through the equity gained from a home sale, without having to touch other savings and investments,” says Laurie.
How Life Care Provides Peace of Mind
- Priority access to needed services. A Life Care contract assures you priority access to various levels of on-site care including, assisted living, memory care and skilled long-term nursing. This means you or a senior loved one won’t need to wait if and when additional assistance is needed — it can begin practically immediately.
- Substantial health care savings. As care needs increase, so does the cost of care. However, at a Life Plan Community like Kingswood, you are guaranteed a 10% health care discount to help with the rising cost of health-care services, should you need a higher level of care.
- Potential tax savings. Portions of your one-time entrance fee and monthly service fee can potentially be deducted from your taxes. You’ll want to speak with your tax advisor to get more information on your specific situation.
- Maintenance-free living. Your entrance fee and monthly service fee entitle you to a life of leisure. Housekeeping, laundry, meals, home maintenance and most utilities are included, meaning all your time can be spent as you wish — always.
- Estate protection. If you choose the Return-of-Capital Entrance Fee option, 90% of your fee is refundable. This is a tremendous benefit for estate protection, and allows seniors to pass along their wealth and legacy to younger generations.
- You’ll never be asked to leave — ever. Life Plan Communities are not-for-profit organizations, many of which have foundations that raise money for residents to assist those who outlive their assets and are unable to continue to pay their monthly service fee. Residents at a Life Plan community, like Kingswood, will never be asked to leave the community. It’s a true home for life.
For more information on the benefits of Life Care and how it provides peace of mind to seniors and their families, or to learn more about our senior living community in the heart of Kansas City, please contact us at 816-673-2835.
Welcome to Kansas City’s Senior Living Sweet Spot.
Inspired senior living at Kingswood means living the retirement lifestyle you want — and deserve. We take care of most routine chores and maintenance, so you can keep enjoying all the things you love about living in Kansas City. And you have more time to try new things, have new adventures.
All of the activities and amenities are here to do more than just keep you busy. They’re here to enhance your whole life. It’s an intentional, holistic approach that helps you live healthier and happier. And, of course, you have plenty of opportunities to relax and enjoy the simple pleasures in life, like spending time with friends and family.
Our Life Plan Community offers all levels of care right on-campus, from Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Support and Skilled Nursing/Rehabilitation services. Kingswood is a Life Plan Community (also known as a continuing care retirement community). This is an outstanding senior living value because you are assured access to care in the comfort of familiar surroundings. When combined with our maintenance-free lifestyle, a Life Plan Community represents an affordable option providing value beyond your current home and other senior living community offerings … and peace of mind for a lifetime.